The Ibrahim-Rauza, built by Ibrahim ‘Adil Shah II (1580-1627), consists of his tomb and a mosque. The mosque and tomb rise in apposition, facing each other from foundations in a raised terrace, with a tank and fountain between them. The mosque has a rectangular prayer-chamber, with a facade of five arches, shaded by a ‘chhajja’ and a slender minaret in every corner.
The bulbous dome with a row of elongated petals depicted along its base rises from a square fenestration. The square tomb displays double aisles, the inner one pillared. Two narrow arches, next to the ones at each corner, lend relief to the façade. Inside, each wall features three arches, all panelled and embellished with floral, arabesque and inscriptional traceries. The chamber itself, containing the tomb, has a low curved ceiling made of joggled masonry with empty space between it and the dome.